A historic Initial Public Offering (IPO) of British chip design company Arm, a SoftBank Group affiliate, will take place on the Nasdaq in September. The largest IPO of the year, the IPO is anticipated to raise market capitalization of over an incredible $60 billion. According to a Nikkei Asia article, when the company is listed, Apple, Samsung, Intel, and Nvidia will join as investors.  

The SoftBank Group will formally file its application to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission later this month, starting the Nasdaq listing process. The business is continually monitoring investor demand in an effort to further increase its corporate worth, and the IPO for Arm is reportedly provisionally set for mid- to late-September.

This action was taken after SoftBank's $24 billion acquisition of Arm in 2016 saw a massive increase in the company's capitalization.

Currently, SoftBank Group owns 75% of Arm, with the tech-focused investment subsidiary SoftBank Vision Fund owning the other 25%. Notably, according to the Nikkei Asia article, the Vision Fund intends to sell 10% to 15% of its Arm shares on the open market.

In addition, it asserts that Arm has developed a plan to attract big chipmakers like Nvidia and Intel as well as tech giants like Apple and Samsung as medium- to long-term shareholders with the intention of selling them fractional holdings to stabilise the stock price upon listing.

Headquartered in the technology hub of Cambridge, United Kingdom, Arm is a crucial player in the global semiconductor landscape. Over 90% of the worldwide market share for smartphone processors is held by the company's sophisticated designs, which are renowned for their energy-efficient constructions that maximise battery life.

Arm's sales soared to $2.8 billion in the 2022 fiscal year, a startling 70% rise above its performance in 2016 before the SoftBank takeover. Arm's designs are used in over 250 billion chips that are in products that are supplied all over the world. As a result, SoftBank began the process of bringing Arm public, which is now unfolding.