Produced by OML Studios, directed by V. K. Prakash and adapted from Anand Suspi’s eponymous book, Half Pants Full Pants will premiere on December 16 on Prime Video in India and across 240 countries and territories worldwide
The comedy-drama stars Ashwanth Ashokkumar, Kartik Vijan, Ashish Vidyarthi and Sonali Kulkarni in the lead roles
Amazon Prime offers an incredible value with unlimited streaming of the latest and exclusive movies, TV shows, stand-up comedy, Amazon Originals, ad-free music listening through Amazon Prime Music, free fast delivery on India’s largest selection of products, early access to top deals, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, and mobile gaming content with Prime Gaming, all available for an annual membership of Rs. 1499. Consumers can also buy Prime Video Mobile Edition at INR 599 per year - the single-user, mobile-only annual plan provides access to Prime Video’s entire catalogue of high-quality entertainment and LIVE sports
MUMBAI, India – 12 December 2022 – Prime Video today announced the premiere of its latest comedy-drama, Half Pants Full Pants on the service from December 16. The eight-episode light-hearted series showcases joyful moments from one’s childhood and promises to be a delightful nostalgic ride. Produced by OML Studios and directed by V. K. Prakash, the series stars child actors Ashwanth Ashokkumar and Kartik Vijan along with renowned actors Ashish Vidyarthi and Sonali Kulkarni.
Adapted from Anand Suspi’s eponymous book, Half Pants Full Pants is set in a small town in South India, before the age of internet and mobiles, where the adventurous and ambitious 7-year-old boy Anand aka Dabba lives. He along with his friend, the obedient and well-mannered Giddi go on adventures that will warm audiences’ hearts and make them miss the good old simple days of mischief and innocence.
“Half Pants Full Pants is an experience that takes us back to a simpler time where life was untouched by technology and yet sparkling with wonder. Through the story of Dabba, his family, and friends the series captures the magic of childhood in a period without phones or the internet - an unhurried pace of life that we often yearn for," said director V. K. Prakash about the series. He continued, “The cast and crew unanimously gravitated towards telling this story because of its simplicity and innocence. We cannot wait to share this with the world.”
“We are extremely excited to associate with Prime Video for this series and take it to audiences across the world. Half Pants Full Pants is a wholesome show that will resonate with viewers because of its universal theme of exploring childhood nostalgia in the 1980s," said Akansh Gaur, Creative Head of OTT Content, OML Entertainment. “The joy of discovery and the fickleness of dreams told through the eyes of a 7-year-old is something that we believe will engage viewers. We are looking forward to everyone being taken back to the warmth of their childhood by watching this show."
Half Pants Full Pants will premiere on December 16 on Prime Video in India and across 240 countries and territories worldwide.
Half Pants Full Pants will join the Prime Video catalogue. These include Indian-produced Amazon Original series and movies such as Four More Shots Please, Maja Ma, Hush Hush, Crash Course, Panchayat, Modern Love Hyderabad, Suzhal – The Vortex, Modern Love Mumbai, Guilty Minds, Mumbai Diaries, The Family Man, Comicstaan, Breathe: Into The Shadows, Bandish Bandits, Paatal Lok, Mirzapur, The Forgotten Army – Azaadi Ke Liye, Sons of the Soil: Jaipur Pink Panthers, Four More Shots Please, Made In Heaven, and Inside Edge, Indian films such as Shershaah, Sardar Udham, Gehraiyaan, Jalsa, Sherni, Toofaan, Coolie No. 1, Gulabo Sitabo, Durgamati, Chhalaang, Shakuntala Devi, Jai Bhim, Malik, Joji, Ponmagal Vandhal, Sarpatta Parambarai, Home, French Biriyani, Sufiyum Sujatayum, Nishabdham, Maara, V, CU Soon, Soorarai Pottru, Bheema Sena Nala Maharaja, Drishyam 2, Halal Love Story, Middle Class Melodies, Putham Pudhu Kaalai, Unpaused among others and the award-winning and critically acclaimed global Amazon Originals like The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Terminal List, Reacher, Cinderella, The Wheel of Time, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, The Tomorrow War, Without Remorse, Upload, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Fleabag, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. All this is available at no extra cost for Amazon Prime members. The service includes titles in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, and Bengali.
Prime members will be able to watch the series anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV, etc. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost. Prime Video is available in India at no extra cost with Prime membership for just ₹1499 annually or ₹179 monthly, new customers can find out more at www.amazon.in/prime and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
ABOUT AMAZON PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers Prime members a collection of award-winning Amazon Original series, thousands of movies and TV shows—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. Find out more at PrimeVideo.com.
- Included with Prime Video: Half Pants Full Pants will join thousands of TV shows and movies from Hollywood and Bollywood, including Indian produced Amazon Original series such as Modern Love Mumbai, Mumbai Diaries, The Family Man, Mirzapur, Inside Edge Four More Shots Please! and Made In Heaven, and award-winning and critically acclaimed global Amazon Original series including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel available for unlimited streaming as part of a Prime membership. Prime Video includes titles available in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi and Bengali.
- Instant Access: Prime Members can watch anywhere, anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV and multiple gaming devices. Prime Video is also available to consumers through Airtel and Vodafone pre-paid and post-paid subscription plans. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
- Included with Prime: Prime Video is available in India at no extra cost with Prime membership.
- Video Entertainment Marketplace: In addition to a Prime Video subscription, customers can also purchase add-on subscriptions to other streaming services, as well as, get rental access to movies on Prime Video.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime Video Channels offers friction-free and convenient access to a wide range of premium content from multiple video streaming services all available at a single destination – Prime Video website and apps. Prime Members can buy add-on subscriptions and enjoy a hassle-free entertainment experience, simplified discovery, frictionless payments and more.
- Rent: Consumers can enjoy even more movies from new releases to classic favourites, available to rent – no Prime membership required. View titles available by visiting primevideo.com/store. The rental destination can be accessed via the STORE tab on primevideo.com and the Prime Video app on Android smart phones, smart-TVs, connected STBs and Fire TV stick.
ABOUT OML ENTERTAINMENT
OML or Only Much Louder is a clutter-breaking, market-leading media and entertainment organisation working across various media and experiential formats to impact pop culture. The organisation has been a pioneer in creating on-ground and online experiences that have resulted in lasting memories that shape how fans know their favourite artists and brands. Apart from continuing to be an artist management company in music and comedy, over the years OML has evolved to include a production house and has also moved into creating television and digital content.
*Disclamier: "The pages slugged ‘Press Release’ are equivalent to advertisements and are not written and produced by Industry Outreach Magazine journalists/Editorial." We do not hold any copyrights towards the content or image. Image source: Newswire